Tuesday 26 May 2009

16th Post - Round 2 Done!

I had an x ray taken on Monday 11th May before the operation, just to make sure there were no leaks inside my stoma.

They insert some sort of dye into you which shows up any issues there maybe, lucky for me everything was as it should be. It is nothing to worry about at all, it is over within 10 minutes and I was very pleased to hear that everything looked well and I would be able to go ahead with the surgery on Wednesday.

I had my 2nd op last Wednesday 13th May, it wasn’t as long an operation as last time, but I remember coming round and instantly feeling sick and been moved from the operating table onto the bed to be wheeled back to my room. I was in an awful lot of pain. I got to my room and got transferred onto the bed, in immense pain.

I remember Danny was standing when I got back to the room, but as soon as he saw how much pain I was in he sat back down because he was so upset to see me like that.
The nurse asked me from 1- 10 how much pain I was in I said 9 the worst yet!

This is not to try and put anybody of this operation, but just to be mindful that it is not an easy thing to go through.

I again had a morphine tab which was not pumping fast enough for my liking, it released every 2 minutes and I really needed it more. I think I fell asleep a little while and woke up when my Mum & Dad and younger sister got there. The morphine started to make me itch terribly, and I couldn’t help but keep scratching my face, they all said my face was a right mess because of it, but I didn’t care it was unbearable. The nurses said that the majority of people get an allergic reaction to the morphine the second time round. They gave me a tablet and within a few hours the itching had stopped.

I woke up really grumpy I can’t quite remember why, but probably because of the discomfort.

The 1st night was awful, the nurses kept on coming in every hour to check on me, which was good that I wasn’t left, but I couldn’t sleep at all, because of the pain and discomfort.
6.00am one of the nurses came in to tell me that I must try to go to the toilet to see if the bowel was working. I managed it.....just.

No comments:

Post a Comment